ANTECH has experience in the measurement and characterisation of a wide variety of radioactive waste, including waste containing Special Nuclear Material (uranium, plutonium and tritium). ANTECH systems are designed to measure contact and remote handled waste including:
- Exempt and Very Low-Level waste (VLLW).
- Low Level Waste (LLW).
- Intermediate Level Waste (ILW).
- Transuranic Waste (TRU).
- Plutonium Contaminated Material (PCM).
- LLW / TRU and LLW / PCM segregation and LLW characterisation.
- Remote Handled (RH) Waste.
ANTECH personnel are experienced in all aspects of waste measurement including gamma ray spectroscopy analysis, active and passive neutron counting and the interpretation to matrix effects and other factors contributing to measurement errors. Our staff has extensive experience in providing Waste Measurement Services at customer sites, including:
- Supply and lease of measurement and characterisation equipment and waste container handling equipment.
- Measurement instrument operation staff.
- Data analysis and review (including data certification to national standards).
- On-site technical and instrument calibration support.
- On-site maintenance.
ANTECH provides a comprehensive radioactive waste measurement and data analysis service that meets regulatory requirements in the US and in Europe.
Our proven expertise in waste characterisation uniquely qualifies our personnel in the development of measurement protocols to meet a wide range of characterisation and regulatory requirements. ANTECH personnel are experienced in satisfying industry standard waste acceptance criteria (WAC), data quality objectives (DQO) and in meeting site specific operating and waste handling procedures and controls.